A Dedication to Excellence
At Alan Castillo – Attorney at Law, Alan Castillo handles both criminal defense and administrative law, helping both those who have been accused of a serious legal issue and professionals who find their licenses in jeopardy. If you have a medical, dental, or nursing license in the state of California that is in danger of being revoked or suspended, it is important that you speak to an experienced Laguna Hills attorney to help keep you employed.
25+ Years of Professional Experience
At my firm, I have handled over 5,000 cases and over 100 trials, including Supreme Court experience in the case of Alavarez-Machain v. United States. In addition, I am a former Deputy Public Defender for the County of Orange with over 20 years of experience in private practice and use this experience for the benefit of all of my clients.
Distinguished Legal Education & Background
My legal practice has always been informed by a strong educational background. A California native, I am proud graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles, where I fostered my knowledge of the law.
- Specialization in Law from UCLA, 1990
- Juris Doctorate, Loyola Law School, 1994
From 2003 to 2012, I have been a contributing editor to the California Drunk Driving Law and I have been asked to speak on “CACJ Professional Licensing Consequences for Criminal Convictions” at California Attorneys for Criminal Justice conference in 2014 and on “DMV Defenses & Trial” at the California DUI Lawyers Association conference.
Awards & Recognition:
- Recognition as an Outstanding Lawyer & Legal Professional Recipient in Stanford’s Who’s Who in American Law, 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers
- Named a "Top-Attorney" in Orange County by OC Metro Magazine
- Named a 2015 Top Attorney in Orange County by Coast Magazine in recognition of his excellence and zealous representation for those facing criminal charges
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Association of America
- The California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- The State Bar of California
- The California Public Defenders Association.